Website College Medical Center
The student nurse assists licensed nursing staff in the provision care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients.
- Completion of at least one semester of hands on clinical training in a Registered Nursing or Licensed Vocational Nursing program.
- Current enrollment in a nursing school or have graduated nursing school program within last 12 month.
- BLS for healthcare provider’s card upon hire.
- Must be CPI certified within 30 days of employment
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to assist patients with activities of daily living.
- Must be able to manage multiple activities on a busy patient care unit.
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age served on the unit. Possess knowledge of growth and development over the life span.
- Experience with basic data entry and computer skills on MS Windows based PC system.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
Assists licensed nursing staff in the provision of supportive care
- Obtain vital (temperature, pulse, reparations, and blood pressure) as assigned. Report abnormal finding to licensed nurse.
- Assists patients with a.m care, bathing and H.S care.
- Changes linens daily and pm. Assures patient environment, including over-bed table and bedside tables, is neat and clean. Report spills, stains etc, to appropriate department for correction.
- Passes meal trays and assists with feeding patients as needed.
- Passes water pitchers. Refresh water as requested and prn.
- Position / reapportions patient for comfort and to promote circulation.
- Collects and records intake and output. Reports significant variances to licensed nurses.
- Weighs patients and records. Reports excessive gain or loss to licensed nurse.
- Assist patients when ambulating. Reports patient tolerance / intolerance to ambulating to licensed nurse.
- Transports patient, equipment and gathers supplies. Report equipment repair needed, labels equipment appropriately and reports low supply inventories to appropriate personnel.
- Performs procedures safely and efficiently with scope of practice.
- Assist all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Demonstrate age appropriate care of integration across the life span
- Recognized and responds appropriately to unique needs of varying age groups with whom she/he has contact.
Recognized and responds to safety factors for age level involved.
* Customer Service
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
Salary Rate: $20.00
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.