College Medical Center
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Staffing Coordinator will establish, implement and evaluate staffing /scheduling system to meet the needs of Nursing Services for appropriate categories and numbers of nursing staff to achieve a high quality of nursing care delivery in the face of fluctuating census and patient acuity in the most cost effective manner.
Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years staffing preferred. Prior clerical, administrative support, or human resources experience in a healthcare environment preferred. Training experience a plus. Skills/Knowledge/Ability: Knowledge of California labor and wage and hour law; strong verbal and written communication skills; good interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to organize and meet tight deadlines; integrity and confidentiality essential. Experience with Excel program required. Equipment Operated: Computer, printer, telephone, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and general office equipment.
Frequent sitting for long periods of time. Occasional walking, standing, bending and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Occasional pulling and pushing up to 20 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Finger dexterity. Frequent exposure to stressful situations. Frequent contact with public.
Working in an office environment using standard office equipment. Occasional exposure to cold and heat.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Hospital.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
- Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
- Ensures prompt, complete, and accurate reports of nursing hours, variance reports and other reports as required on a monthly basis.
- Makes decisions to use outside Registry staff only after all nursing staff availability has been exhausted.
- Meets regularly with Nurse Management Personnel to determine any changes in staffing needs due to changes in patient acuity or workload.
- Handles staff inquiries, issues and circumstances related to staffing without assistance and in a professional manner.
- Staffing sheets are accurate and up to date.
- Provides all nursing staff with scheduled work hours.
- Monitor/audits and calculates employee time cards.
- Maintains an employee attendance log.
- Pre-schedules part-time and per diem staff members to fill existing or anticipated scheduling needs.
- Pre-schedules staff who has made self-available for extra time or overtime after part time and per diem availability has been exhausted.
- Ensures that Registry staff have and produce copies of current licenses and CPR certification and files are maintained accurately.
- Maintains records of staffing variance per unit (Labor Report).
- Utilizes position control and flexible staffing budgets to provide the most cost effective staffing while maintaining quality of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* Customer Service
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.