Website College Medical Center
Provides and maintains a level of security that will insure the safety and sense of security for all patients, visitors, and staff members of the hospital. Maintains an effective and efficient security force which helps provide an environment conducive for achieving quality patient care.
- One year experience as an on-site Security Officer preferred.
- Knowledge of general security functions and legal limitations.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Basic skills in physical restraint and self defense.
- Current CA Guard card.
- Must have a current BLS for healthcare providers card within 30 days of hire.
- Must complete CPI within 30 days of hire.
Job Specific Duties
- Effectively patrols buildings and grounds of hospital to observe and report all activites.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct of combative patients, visitors or personnel promptly in the lobby, ER and parking lot.
- Effectively maintains accurate log of all activity.
- Courteously questions all persons on hospital property after visiting hours who are not authorized for access.
- Responds promptly to all emergency alerts.
- Promptly escorts visitors and employees to and from parking areas. Maintains availability for escort service especially during evening shift.
- Inspects all security equipment on a weekly basis. Reports all malfunctioning equipment promptly.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of and ability to apply hospital safety and security policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to use proper techniques in controlling disorderly or combative patients, visitors or personnel.
- Demonstrates understanding of major functions of all hospital departments in order to promptly route hospital guests.
- Demonstrates ability to use security issued equipment appropriately.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to assess a situation from a variety of perspectives and chooses an appropriate course of action.
- Constantly assesses hospital grounds and all work areas in the hospital for potential fire and safety hazards and reports any hazards promptly.
- Initiates maintenance requests when needed.
- Effectively follows up on any information necessary to complete investigation or reports.
- Regularly reviews departmental procedures and forms and makes recommendations for positive changes.
- Effectively performs additional duties and responsibilities as position requires.
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.