Website College Medical Center
This position provides professional and technical skills to ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene and the protection of the adult and elderly patient population. May conduct educational groups and educational one-to-one sessions. Other duties as assigned.
- Current CA RN License, BLS for healthcare provider card upon hire and de-escalation training within 30 days of entry into position.
- Graduate of a school of nursing with degree/diploma in Nursing.
- Minimum of one year clinical experience in psychiatric nursing in an ambulatory or acute care setting.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age served on the unit.
Coordinates Patient Care utilizing the Nursing Process (Assessment, Planning, Implementation and evaluation)
- Provides Direct Patient Care to a Specified Patient Population
- Reviews patient history, diagnostic data and physician orders/notes prior to interviewing patient/family/significant other.
- Collects data by interviewing patient/family/significant other within specified time frame.
- Analyzes patient data, identifies and prioritizes patient needs.
- Reports abnormal diagnostic data and/or changes in patient’s condition to physician in a timely manner.
- Communicates the written plan of care and changes to the plan, to the patient/family/significant other and other members of the health care team through the report process and other methods as appropriate.
- Reviews and implements physician orders accurately and timely.
- Performs basic nursing procedures, specific unit based nursing procedures and/or standardized procedures safely, accurately and efficiently per policy and procedure.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to assure the plan of care is implemented in a coordinated manner to avoid time constraints and to assure an uninterrupted treatment plan.
- Observes, records and reports stability of changes in the patient’s condition when appropriate.
- Prepared and teaches health related topics for daily nursing group when necessary.
- Monitors the safety of the therapeutic milieu and assists in the management of an assaultive patient when necessary.
- Evaluates effectiveness and patient response to treatment, procedures and medications. Provides alternative interventions as needed and re-evaluates. (When assigned).
- Recognizes life threatening complications/situations and responds immediately by initiating and participating in emergency procedures.
Demonstrates age appropriate care for integration across the life span.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to unique needs of varying age groups with whom s/he interacts.
- Recognizes and responds to safety factors for age level served.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.