Website College Medical Center
The Medical Surgical Staff Nurse coordinates staff and patient care activities during a specified shift. Provides professional and technical skills to ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene and the protection of a specific patient population in the provision of patient care.
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients.
- Current RN license, BLS for healthcare provider, within 30 days of hire.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) within 30 days of hire.
- Current CPI certificate or within 30 days of hire.
- One year previous clinical experience in Medical Surgical and/or Telemetry experienced preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age served on the unit. Knowledge of growth and development over the life span.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
Coordinates staff and patient care activities during a specified shift
- Performs a head to toe assessment on a patient
- Consults with members of the healthcare team & coordinates patient care activities during a specified shift
- Prepares and administers all prescribed medications and treatments according to hospital policy
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical & surgical patients
- Records all patient care activities accurately & timely in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Responds to life saving situations based on nursing standards and hospital protocol
- Directs care provided by licensed vocational nurses, nurse assistants and patient care assistants
- Participates in discharge planning
- Implements and updates patient’s plan of care according to patient needs
- Provide patient & family teaching
- Monitors specialized equipment used on patients and able to adjust setting based on hospital protocol
- Able to analyze and interpret cardiac rhythms
- Analyzes gathered data from patient assessment to form appropriate action plan for patient care
Demonstrates effective communication with patient, family and coworkers
- Consistently provides timely and accurate information to patient, family and coworkers to achieve the highest possible level of satisfaction.
- Introduces self by name in person and utilizing proper telephone procedure.
- Provides supervisor with current licensing and certification documentation prior to the time of expiration.
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.