Website College Medical Center
The Respiratory Care Practitioner provides respiratory therapy to patients as ordered by physicians, according to established standards and practices.
The Laboratory Information System Coordinator is responsible for providing support for applications that are primarily focused in ABG Lab as well as managing development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the integrated Laboratory Information System to support the delivery of laboratory services and lab information.
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients.
- Current California Respiratory Care Practitioner license / Graduate of an Accredited Respiratory Care Program.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Preferably 1 year work experience providing all aspects of respiratory care in an acute care hospital: arterial blood gas analysis, therapeutic modalities for oxygen and medication delivery, chest physiotherapy, patient assessment and related respiratory care techniques and procedures.
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) if a graduate after January 1, 2015. Current Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) if a graduate prior to January 1, 2015
- Must be knowledgeable with lab instruments, interfaces and working with laboratory equipment.
- Minimum of one (1) years overall experience in an information technology support role for systems implementations, upgrades and maintenance activities
- Must have current CPR BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP for healthcare provider’s card upon hire.
- Must complete and maintain CPI certification.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking lift, positions, pushes and/ or transfers patients pusher/pulls or moves/lift heavy equipment/supplies.
Frequent exposure to noise, cold and heat. Occasional exposure to blood borne pathogens, chemicals, general cleaning chemicals.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Medical Center.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
- Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide respiratory care to the age of the patients
- Develops and updates plan of care according to the needs and assesses patients; systematically uses technical skills to establish the appropriate level of respiratory care to be administered.
- Identifies significant adverse reactions and clinical changes in patients’ condition and acts appropriately.
- Performs medical record and order review for appropriateness and completeness of respiratory therapy orders.
- Documents the patient’s response to therapy in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Completes work accurately and in a timely fashion within established time frames.
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for cost effective use of department and hospital resources.
- Performs and documents objective clinical measurements (EKG, ABG, PEFR, SPO2, etc.) as ordered by the physician in a clear and concise manner.
- Documents all patient care procedures/interventions/outcomes in a timely and accurate manner, charts treatment, response and progress.
- Monitors environmental control systems which include patients on continuous ventilation.
- Performs nasotracheal and tracheal suctioning.
- Performs respiratory care interventions for adults and pediatrics; explains treatments/procedures to patients/family/significant others in a professional manner.
- Initiates and/or assists with emergency/life threatening procedures within scope of practice and hospital policy.
- Coordinates patient care with other team members in a timely manner to maintain optimal continuum of care.
- Completes respiratory patient charges in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Participates in processing, storage and maintenance of equipment on a regular basis, does minor troubleshooting of equipment when necessary.
- Checks/request equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis.
- Assist with new hire orientation and proctors as requested.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required/requested.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
ABG Laboratory Information System Coordinator
Assists in the development of instruments in defining and updating the database.
- Assists in the development of instrument interfaces.
- Develops/revise the systems to ensure efficient laboratory workflow.
- Works with the vendor to ensure any changes to the database do not adversely affect the LIS or laboratory operations.
- Validates any changes/updates to the database to ensure performance as designed.
- Assists and delivers training programs on the system.
- Assists in implementation of updates/upgrades to the LIS and /or interfaces.
- Assists in the implementation of new instrument/system interfaces
- Manages the development of testing plans for any changes to the LIS or any other areas where a change in the systems, software, interfaces, forms, formats, policies, procedure, etc., would affect the LIS or any computer supported functions related to laboratory.
- Assist in the execution of the testing plans and the validation of the proper operation of the LIS and any interfaced systems or instruments.
- Participates and provides input on all decisions related to the LIS.
- Participates in ongoing meetings to address issues and problems related to LIS.
- Create a system to document systems problems and issues.
- Develops procedures as related to LIS system build.
- Ensures system security measures meet HIPAA requirements
- Will work in collaboration with LIS Coordinator for Laboratory Services
- Will provide direct supervision of Cardiopulmonary Staff in the absence/at the direction of the Cardiopulmonary Director
- Other related work as assigned.
State Plan / Department Specific Duties and Responsibilities (List all essential duties other than those listed above in order of importance)
- Processes specimens and requisitions for reference laboratories.
- Provide technical assistance, instruction and consultation to students, employees and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrates appropriate care of integration across the life span
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to unique needs of varying age groups with who she/he has contact.
- Recognizes and responds to safety factors for age level involved.
Compensation Rate: $32.89 – $41.11
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for CMC/CSU roles, including but not limited to shift differential and other special pay practices, etc. The posted compensation for the position is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay that CMC/CSU in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting.
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.