Website College Medical Center
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients. This position is responsible for the operation X-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as ordered by a licensed physician.
- Current California State Certification License in Radiologic Technology (C.R.T ).
- Current California State Certification License (Fluoroscopy)
- Current CPR BLS for healthcare provider’s card upon hire
- One year experience as a Radiology Technologist in an acute care hospital preferred
- Demonstrates competence in performance of duties and responsibilities related to tasks, skills and procedures rendered to appropriate age served.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
Prolonged extensive sitting, frequent standing, occasional walking, bending and push/pulling. Lifts up to 10 pounds. Repetitive hand action, motion and manipulation required for telephone, writing and technical skills.
Frequent exposure to noise, cold and heat. Occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens, chemicals, general cleaning chemicals.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Medical Center.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
- Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
- Demonstrates ability to perform high quality diagnostic studies.
- Instructs, educates, and prepares patient for exam.
- Knowledge of patient preps for various Imaging procedures.
- Proficient in filming and workstation protocols.
- Demonstrates knowledge of IV contrast injection protocols, and possible reactions that may occur.
- Performs special procedures proficiently.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper radiation protection.
- Assesses patient before, during and after procedure
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.