College Medical Center
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Works cooperatively with treatment team personnel in the clinical setting; transports patients in hospital vehicles; responsible for the cleaning, fuel levels, and general maintenance of College Hospital’s transportation vehicle fleet.
- Must have a valid CA Driver License with good DMV record; must have Class B or C with passenger endorsement driver license permit upon hire and obtain license before expiration of permit.
- Current DOT physical.
- CPR and NCI certification must be completed within 90 days from hire.
- Knowledge of area roads and freeways and an understanding of vehicle performance, maintenance and safety.
- Flexibility, reliability, professional image and guest relations skills.
- Motivated to be directly involved with patients.
- Must be able to assist and identify the needs of patients during transportation.
- Effective communication in English.
Frequent sitting for long periods of time. Frequent driving, walking, standing, bending, and reaching. Occasional lifting, with assistance, up to 250 pounds, and frequent assisting in and out of vehicles. Corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Frequent patient contact.
Frequent exposure to noise. Occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Occasional exposure to dirt, dust, smoke, and fumes. Occasional exposure to cold, heat, chemicals, and general cleaning chemicals. Occasional exposure to high risk behaviors by patients.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Hospital.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural diversity of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Maintains required certification/license in a timely fashion.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off, and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
- Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately clocking in and out.
General Staff Accountabilities (cont’d)
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
- Demonstrates an understanding of personal role in the case of a fire/disaster, and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
Job Specific Duties
- Performs care for assigned patients according to policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Continuously maintains awareness of patient activities, needs, and changes and responds appropriately.
- Reports observations and reactions regarding patients to the appropriate person (i.e., director, coordinator, charge nurse, and/or program specialist) in a timely manner.
- Effectively assists and identifies the needs of patients getting in/out of van and during transportation; communicates in language the patient can understand.
- Practices accurate, concise, timely and legible documentation on appropriate forms.
- Employs safe vehicle operation practices and inspects each vehicle daily to ascertain that it is in safe condition.
- Complies with all the rules of the California Driver’s Handbook and Commercial Driver Supplement.
- Transports patients and staff to and from appointments, outings and emergencies in a safe manner.
- Regularly facilitates cleaning and general maintenance of vehicles.
- Promptly performs all errands as assigned and carries out STAT requests immediately.
- Effectively adapts to changes in transportation assignments.
- Continuously upholds all facility policies regarding patient’s rights.
- Regularly orients new patients to unit and program.
- Functions as role model for patients regarding appropriate behavior.
- Interacts with patients appropriately according to Patient/Staff Interaction policy.
- Efficiently handles interoffice mail.
- Regularly utilizes de-escalation as the preferred means of controlling patient behavior.
- Provides patient monitoring, as needed.
- Provides relief to other staff as scheduled/requested.
- Effectively problem solves issues related to time management and prioritization of needs.
- Effectively follows safe food handling.
- Effectively performs additional duties and responsibilities as position requires.
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
Compensation Rate: $16.46 – $20.57
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.