College Medical Center
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Under the supervision of the Manager of Med.-Surg. Services, he/she develops and maintains positive communications with local area facilities that provides detox to improve the patient experience at College Medical Center.
- Must have superior telephone skills and professional demeanor.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and be extremely organized.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be reliable, dependable, and foster an environment of collegiality and collaboration.
- Possesses a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a customer service related field.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with customers, patients and staff while demonstrating exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel.
- Must hold a driver’s license
- Must be detail oriented
Frequent sitting for long periods of time. Occasional walking, standing, bending and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds. Occasional pulling and pushing up to 20 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Finger dexterity. Occasional exposure to stressful situations.
Office environment. Occasional exposure to noise, cold, and heat. Occasional stressful situations to manage. Occasional travel to various facilities.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job)
General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Medical Center.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Maintains required certification/license in a timely fashion.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off, and notifies supervisor when unable to come to work.
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Demonstrates an understanding of personal role in the case of a fire/disaster, and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
Job Specific duties
- Assists the clinical staff and personnel in assessing hospital processes and workflow to improve the patient experience.
- Visits local area facilities of Detox and applicable post-acute service recovery to improve communication.
- Maintains and develops good relationships with post-acute facilities through service recovery and working collaboratively with the Case Management Department.
- Maintains knowledge of services and changes at CMC, CHCM and CHC
- Work closely with inpatient units and Social Services.
- Implements new service introduction strategies.
- Follows-up on referral sources to support appropriate use of services.
- Effectively demonstrates knowledge of current issues in the community.
- Effectively plans/coordinates new treatment program in-services to educate community and other referring organizations.
- Effectively demonstrates knowledge of the functioning and interdependence of all outreach processes: intake, screening, insurance verification, admission procedures and follow-up.
- Effectively demonstrates knowledge of community needs, issues and trends through quarterly community area plan, regular reporting mechanisms, communicating referral source needs and requests to appropriate personnel, and attending regular continuing education programs on clinical and administrative topics.
- Keeps program personnel informed of community trends for Detox services, issues, concerns, and requests.
- Effectively organizes, plans tasks/priorities well.
- Regularly attends staff meetings.
- Effectively assists and provides coverage to team members as directed.
- Effectively performs additional duties and responsibilities as position requires.
- Facilitates, with collaboration and input from the Chief Executive Officer:
- The Detox Symposium
- The Post-Acute Care Symposium
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.