College Medical Center
Responsible for assisting the Director of Plant Operations in maintaining all capital equipment purchased and installed in the Hospital. Will make appropriate recommendations for repairs and replacements as needed. Organizes and directs the proper preventive and corrective maintenance of all facilities including but not limited to building structures, electrical, mechanical, and emergency systems in hospital facilities through the effective and efficient use of labor, materials and the ISISpro asset management program. Maintains contact with hospital directors, and supervisors, architects, engineers, and other staff personnel to facilitate the timely accomplishment of all maintenance and assignments. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by Director of Plant Operations.
● CA Driver’s License (pull notice program)
● Steam Engineers License (City of Los Angeles) highly preferred.
● Minimum of five (5) years in general maintenance or any combination of H.V.A.C., electrical, plumbing, carpentry or
building systems. Minimum of two (2) years in maintenance/engineering supervisory capacity is required. Certification in
any 2 trades is preferred.
Prolonged, extensive, walking/standing. The physical activities of these positions involve balancing, pulling, repetitive movement, finger, lifting, pushing, stooping, grasping, carrying, and reaching. Required carrying or lifting weight within range of 75 to 100 lbs. All associates will use help when lifting a weight load greater than they can handle.
Working in an acute care environment with frequent patient and staff contact.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Medical Center.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
- Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
*Job Specific Responsibilities
- Identifies and recommends optimal staffing levels necessary to effectively manage work unit’s services.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates
performance, conducts professional development plans.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates repairs and utility outages. Plans and coordinates new equipment installations.
- Ensures all aspects of preventative maintenance are completed on schedule and according to department
standards and procedures.
- Assist Director in the Development of Policies and Procedures, operating budget, and departmental goals.
- Responsible for staff daily work assignment and productivity.
- Appropriate regulatory use and training of the inventory tracking program.
- Inspects the building, facilities and grounds to identify maintenance and repair needs.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
* Customer Service
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.