Website College Medical Center
Registers patients in a pleasant, professional and timely manner. Conducts patient/guarantor interviews, explains consent forms that require patient/guarantor signature, patient rights and financial processes and responsibilities. Handles all routine patient inquiries related to the registration process. Insures all necessary demographic and financial data is obtained and accurately entered into the registration screen in Cerner. Identifies appropriate payer source for accurate and timely reimbursement for services provided. Ensures that all pre-certification and/or authorization are obtained to meet individual payer payments authorization requirements.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal, Private insurance regulations and as they apply to the admission process.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology and EMR (Electronic Medical Records) as they apply to the registration process.
- Strong organizational skills must work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and remain calm under pressure.
- Minimum of one year experience in a hospital, urgent care or clinic patient registration setting preferred.
CPI Certification within 30 days of hire.
- Interviews patients and enters required data in the EMR System with emphasis on accuracy of demographic data and financial information.
- Carefully reviews physician orders (paper or EMR) to ensure accurate diagnosis is present, spelled correctly, and entered
- Accurately. For outpatient diagnostics, there is a diagnosis to match each outpatient test ordered.
- Ensures service type and admitting physician name and signature are present.
- Accurately assigns medical record numbers to all patients after performing a thorough search for patient by name, date of birth, and social security number to prevent duplicate MRN’s.
- *100% MSP completion
- *100% Legal Forms completion
- Validates existing demographic data related to prior registrations and updates appropriately.
- Records pertinent comments in EMR System to allow for accurate follow-up.
- Creates armbands, labels, and other documents necessary to complete a patient chart.
- Armbands patients after a registration encounter is completed.
- Distributes face sheets or electronic data to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Maintains knowledge of current insurance requirements for timely financial reimbursement.
- Is current and up to date with all departmental Litmos training, hospital required training, certifications, and employee health requirements.
- *Maintains a high accuracy registration rate (98%) and satisfactorily completes any and all encounter registrations
- Obtains, registers, and retains all necessary insurance information including but not limited to: insurance cards, insurance information, personal I.D., Driver’s License, etc…
- Verifies patients’ insurance eligibility (Medi-Cal, Medicare, Commercial etc.…)through appropriate Electronic Eligibility Systems
- *Identifies appropriate payer source (Insurance Plan) in EMR System, thus ensuring appropriate revenue routing.
- Ensures that all authorizations / pre-certifications are obtained in accordance with payer’s payment authorization protocols.
- Obtains signatures from patient/representative and explains all forms (i.e. Conditions of Service, Acknowledgement of Receipt, Advance Directive, Important Message from Medicare, etc…).
- Issues patient handouts to include “Your Right to Make Medical Decisions Regarding Medical Treatment”, “Notice of Privacy Practices”, and “Patient Rights & Responsibilities”.
- POS collections for all patient financial responsibilities
- Has thorough understanding of DOFR and documents it accurately in Revenue Cycle, PM Office and First Net modules.
- Assists patients in Hospital Presumptive Eligibility application process as it is deemed necessary
- Assists the Nursing Supervisor in verifying eligibility for all direct admits.
- *Requests 100% authorization for ED admissions/notification of admission.
- Assist with activating BHU/Access intakes.
- Assist in activating Same Day Surgery patients.
- Assist with department documents that need to be scanned onto Onbase.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by department manager/director.
- Ensures monthly PHP verification is completed in a timely fashion.
- Correctly informs and collects cash rates for self-pay patients.
- Documentation is clear accurate and meets the standard set forth by management
- *Insurance verification accuracy is 98% or higher.
- *Sense of Urgency
Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.