Website College Medical Center
The Nurse Assistant, under the direct supervision of licensed personnel, is responsible for the provision of care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive.
- Completion of Nurse Assistant Course or currently enrolled in Nursing Program with completion of at least (1) one semester or minimum of (1) year of recent Acute Care experience as a Nurse Assistant or possess a current California Certification as a Nursing Assistant and BLS for healthcare provider’s upon hire.
- Must be CPI certified within 30 days of employment
- High School Graduate of G.E.D. certificate preferred
- One year nursing assistance experience in acute care facility preferred
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age served on the unit. Possess knowledge of growth and development over the life span.
Must be able to speak, read and write English
Job Specific Accountabilities
Assists licensed nursing staff in the provision of supportive care
- Obtain vital (temperature, pulse, reparations, and blood pressure) as assigned. Report abnormal finding to licensed nurse.
- Assists patients with am care, bathing and H.S care.
- Changes lines daily and prn. Assures patient environment, including over-bed table and bedside tables, is neat and clean. Report spills, stains etc., to appropriate department for correction.
- Passes meal trays and assists with feeing patients as needed.
- Passes water pitches. Refresh water as requested and prn.
- Position / reapportions patient for comfort and to promote circulation.
- Collects and records intake and output. Reports significant variances to licensed nurses.
- Weighs patients and records. Reports excessive gain or loss to licensed nurse.
- Assist patients when ambulating. Reports patient tolerance / intolerance to ambulating to licensed nurse.
- Transports patient, equipment and gathers supplies. Report equipment repair needed, labels equipment appropriately and reports low supply inventories to appropriate personnel.
- Performs procedures safely and efficiently with scope of practice.
- Assist all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Demonstrate age appropriate care of integration across the life span
- Recognized and responds appropriately to unique needs of varying age groups with whom she/he has contact.
Recognized and responds to safety factors for age level involved.
* Customer Service
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.