Website College Medical Center
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients. This position performs high quality nuclear medicine procedures requested by a licensed physician.
- Current California State License in Nuclear Medicine
- 2 years’ experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist preferred
- National Certification preferred NMTCB or ARRT
- Current CPR BLS for healthcare provider’s card upon hire
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
Prolonged, frequent standing/walking. Considerable twisting, bending, squatting, kneeling and crouching. Gross and fine motor manual dexterity required for technical skills. Normal color discrimination required.
Frequent exposure to noise, cold and heat. Occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens, chemicals, general cleaning chemicals.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Medical Center.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
- Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
- Performs high quality nuclear medicine studies.
- Instructs, educates, and prepares patient for exam.
- Demonstrates proficiency in safely administering Isotopes
- Demonstrates proficiency in radiation safety.
- Proficient in filming and workstation protocols.
- Performs daily QC and monitoring of Nuclear Medicine department
- Keeps accurate records to comply with state and national guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of injection protocols.
- Assesses patient before, during and after procedure
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.