Website College Medical Center
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients. The Mental Health Worker supports licensed staff in providing safe & therapeutic patient care as delegated & in adherence to policies & procedures.
Current BLS for healthcare provider card, current CPI certificate, or within 30 days of hire, High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, 1 year experience in assisting in the care of mental health patients in an acute inpatient setting, preferred. Demonstrates the knowledge & skills necessary to provide assistance to the appropriate age served on the unit.
Extensive stooping, reaching, sitting, walking & bending. Lifts, positions, pushes & transfers patients 50-75 lbs. Hand manipulation, both fine & gross dexterity is required for writing & technical skills.
Working in an acute behavioral care environment with frequent patient and staff contact.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
Supervision of Clients
- Assists licensed staff in the supervision of clients
- Assists staff in provision of patient care in accordance with the individual treatment plan.
- Observes and monitors patients’ progress and reports observations to appropriate staff.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living skills.
- Provides staff with relief coverage for break periods by appropriately supervising patients or answering telephones.
- Assists with meal provisions of the patients.
- Attends appropriate hospital in-service training programs.
- Implements appropriate emergency measures in crisis situations.
Supports hospital philosophy, goals and objectives in a professional manner
- Documents patient care legibly.
- Utilizes resources (supplies, equipment, etc.) in a safe, cost effective and therapeutic manner.
- Completes tasks in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Remains flexible and adapts to change in assignments/priorities, to provide the most effective and efficient support for the patient.
- Is dependable and reports to work as scheduled.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to harmonious relationships with health care team to provide good customer service.
- Communicates well with others.
Demonstrates age appropriate care for integration across the life span
Recognizes and responds appropriately to unique needs of varying age groups with whom he/she has contact (adult, elderly).
* Customer Service
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.