Website College Medical Center
The Medical Surgical LVN provides professional and technical skills to ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene and the protection of adult and elderly patients in the provision of patient care.
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients
- Current LVN license (IV certified)
- Current CPR BLS for healthcare provider upon hire
- CPI certified within 30 days of employment.
- Obtain ACLS (Advance Cardiovascular Life Support) within 6 month of hiring
- Minimum one year recent experience in an acute care hospital – preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate clinical judgments utilizing the partnership/ team concept including the RN.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the principle of growth and development over the life span and while providing care needed by the patient population; identify each patient’s age specific needs/ status through data collection and collaboration with the RN.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Provides Direct Patient Care to a Specified Patient Population.
- Under direct supervision of the RN, provides direct patient care that is consistent with the philosophy of the Nursing Department and the goals of the Medical Surgical Unit to meet patient care needs.
- Contribute and follows through with plan of care initiated by RN, including reinforcement of education with patient and/or significant other
- Observes and reports to the RN changes in patient status, signs, symptoms and effects of treatment and therapeutic procedures
- Initiates new orders on assigned patient after orders are validated by RN.
- Under direct supervision of the RN, administers nursing care according to the safety regulations identified by the hospital, including the use of equipment, hazardous materials, proper body mechanics, and universal precautions
- Administers treatments and medications consistent with Hospital/ Nursing department standards.
- Collaborates with the RN to formulate a goal directed plan of care that will facilitate, restore, maintain or promote the patients well-being.
- Collaborates with the RN to evaluate and document the results of the nursing intervention and update nursing care plan with appropriate adaptations.
- Provides for safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient.
- After collaborating with the RN, documents instructions given to the patient and or significant other, and their understanding of these instructions
- Demonstrates professionalism when accepting guidance and counseling
- Completes patient acuity in a timely manner
- Recognizes life threatening complications/ situations and responds immediately by initiating and participating in emergency procedures
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy
- Participates in unit’s Performance Improvement program and assist with the development of a plan of action to correct deficiencies.
- Maintains an awareness of legal aspects of nursing, including accurate, timely documentation according to standards/policy and procedures.
Applies the Nursing Process: Evaluation
- Updates and revises care to be delivered, as patient’s needs change.
- Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other members of the health care team
- Demonstrates understanding of the range of care required by these patients, as appropriate, to the age of the patient
- Compiles and passes unit specific competencies
- Negotiates, counsels and influences individuals both inside and outside the organization.
- Maintains constructive and harmonious relationships, works cooperatively to achieve goals.
- Addresses situations that may affect the hospital immediately upon discovery.
- Demonstrates independence and resourcefulness.
- Makes recommendations in area of expertise and assumes additional responsibility when warranted.
- Sets priorities and organizes work systematically to maximize efficiency.
- Makes sound and timely judgments to bring about corrective or improved actions.
- Starts and completes tasks with minimal prompting. Accomplishes acceptable volume of work within required time frame.
- Expresses self clearly and effectively in written communication. Presents ideas in an organized and persuasive manner. Maintains effective communication with co-workers.
- Gathers and analyzes information in order to solve problems; develops alternative courses of action and innovative solutions.
Applies technical job knowledge essential to responsibilities. Maintains expertise and is current with developments in the field.
* Customer Service
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
Salary Rate: $28.20 – $35.25
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.