Website College Medical Center
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To perform intake and related duties in conjunction with Admitting functions.
B.S. or B.A. in psychology, social work or related field, or LVN or have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an inpatient/outpatient psychiatric facility.
Frequent sitting and standing for long periods of time. Occasional walking, bending and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Occasional pulling and pushing up to 20 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Finger dexterity. Occasional exposure to stressful situations.
Office environment. Occasional exposure to noise, cold, and heat. Occasional stressful situations to manage.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
*General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Medical Center.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Maintains required certification/license in a timely fashion.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off, and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
- Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately swiping in and out.
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of a fire/disaster, and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
*Job Specific Duties
- Completes documentation on intake forms accurately and follows through with intake in a timely manner.
- Promptly handles incoming calls and demonstrates ability to screen clients; promptly forwards the information to the appropriate licensed person.
- Maintains departmental logs accurately.
- Handles intake calls and walk-ins at the hospital contact in a timely manner.
- Effectively maintains own appointment schedule in relation to scheduling clients for admission and other appointments; effectively coordinates schedule with other hospital staff.
- Accurately files, types, faxes and Xeroxes when necessary.
- Regularly attends staff meetings as appropriate.
- Accurately places telephone calls for the Access Services and Director when necessary.
- Enters all intake information in the computer with accuracy.
- Regularly attends required in-services and continuously takes an active interest in furthering one’s knowledge.
- Continuously demonstrates familiarity with all programs offered at the hospital.
- Continuously demonstrates knowledge of the age specific needs of adult and geriatric patients.
- Continuously demonstrates competency with insurance verification procedures.
- Promptly dispatches Crisis Team Clinicians as needed.
- Efficiently completes tasks and plans and prioritizes work for completion in a timely manner.
- Effectively performs other duties as assigned.
Compensation Rate: $21.00
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.