Website College Medical Center
Responsible for providing approved clinical services under the direction of the Infection Control/ Employee Health Director. Performs and provides data and clerical support services to the Employee Health and Infection Control Departments, such as preparing correspondences, data collection/entry, preparing reports, answering phones, receiving visitors, scheduling appointments, maintaining files and conducting special projects as assigned.
- Current California RN license
- BLS for healthcare providers required
- One year experience in Employee Health or clinical setting with advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite programs
Moderate walking/ standing. Lifts, positions, pushes and /or transfers patients less than 40 lbs. Some reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Hand manipulation, both fine and gross dexterity is required for writing and technical skills.
The Employee Health Service department is a clinical environment requiring quiet and privacy for workers and clients. The department is a fast paced office/clinic environment with many distractions, and rapidly changing priorities. There is substantial work completed on the computer.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Medical Center.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
- Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
- Performs the annual health assessment for employees, performs appropriate screening test per protocol, updates medical history and refers abnormalities to the employee’s private physician for review and necessary care.
- Provides minor first aid and dressing change service for employees.
- Evaluates and treats EE status/post needle stick injuries per protocol.
- Contacts employees for follow up of exposures to potentially infectious agents/ disease and request labs per protocol.
- Performs fit testing.
- Provides brief personal health consultation and examination when requested, and refers employees to EAP, community resources or personal physicians as indicated.
- Under the direction of the Employee Health Director, recognizes and assesses common physical and psychological health care issues of the adult population.
- Evaluates daily lab results ordered by Employee Health and notifies Director of abnormalities.
- Gives immunizations as required per protocol.
- Sets up immunization clinics and health screenings clinic as requested.
- Maintains and updates the department logs.
- Provides full range of reception services and organizes workflow in the Employee Health Department, including: accepting and screening telephone calls, routing calls as appropriate, receiving visitors, and responding to employee requests.
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical norms for all age groups as applicable to job functions.
- Maintains and keeps confidentiality of employee’s health records and information.
- Maintains current knowledge of new developments in the field of occupation health and infection prevention.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities when warranted.
- Maintain organization of Employee Health Services Department schedule. Schedule appointments for the Employee Health nurse such as Workers’ Comp injury follow-up, return to work, post-offer physical, meetings and other appointments.
- Communicates regularly with Human Resources to maintain Employee Health records.
- Types, produces, prepares correspondence, reports and presentations utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and other business software.
- Complies and records quality assurance data and statistics for the Employee Health and Infection Control departments
- Runs, complies and distributes monthly reports of outstanding Hepatitis B and Varicella immunization follow ups to managers and employees. Contacts employees to ensure timely follow-up and compliance.
- Creates, organizes and maintains employee medical files.
- Creates, organizes and maintains inventory of employee health forms and documents.
- Maintains office and medical supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Placing follow-up telephone calls to employees as directed.
- Obtains and files lab, X-ray and work –related illness/injury reports.
- Photocopies, collates, and assembles documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.