Website College Medical Center
Effectively organizes the flow of work in Admitting / ER to create an efficient and harmonious environment for employees and customers. Promotes good customer service in accordance with hospital mission and value statements
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital by providing an environment that allows for provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients.
· Able to read and write English fluently. Bilingual preferred. Computer experience with Windows based program. Knowledge of medical terminology. Knowledge of all insurance types
· High School graduate or equivalent. Minimum of two (2) years in Admitting / ER / Acute care experience in a supervisory role required.
Extensive walking. Pushes and transports patients and durable medical equipment. Minimal reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Hand manipulation, both fine and gross dexterity are required for writing and computer skills. Visual and auditory acuity to answer phones, interview patients and work with computers. Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 10-20 pounds).
Frequent exposure to noise, cold and heat. Occasional exposure to blood borne pathogens, chemicals, general cleaning chemicals.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* Management Accountabilities
· Manager’s conduct conforms to the Management Principles, Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Hospital.
· Provides timely & objective feedback on employee job performance before or within two weeks of performance evaluation due date; rewards exemplary behavior; administers performance improvement plans including disciplinary action as necessary.
· Documents on-going staff meetings, orientation and in-service training activities.
· Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
· Demonstrates compliance with all applicable standards of regulatory agencies by developing & maintaining policies, procedures & criteria based job descriptions that comply with applicable regulatory & accreditation agencies.
· Demonstrates the ability to forecast annual budgets for staffing and departmental needs; maintains department monthly expenditures; takes appropriate action to adjust accounts during the budgeted year, i.e. overages.
· Demonstrates the ability to keep up with the demands of the position: delegates responsibilities appropriately.
· Demonstrates the ability to make sound judgments by identifying, assessing, and communicating appropriately.
· Demonstrates the ability to effect, implement and maintain changes.
· Demonstrates & communicates support for Administration’s goals & directives, and responds to required Administrative deadlines.
· Attends and participates in required management meetings and seminars.
· Demonstrates continual professional development: maintains required certifications for position; interviews and selects qualified employees in accordance with current criteria based job descriptions.
· Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
· Demonstrates an understanding of the Hospital’s Fire/Disaster Safety Manual by knowing personal as well as departmental role in the case of a code; has oriented staff to such.
· Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility. Ensures that staff follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
Provides the department with high quality leadership.
· Negotiates, counsels and influences individuals both inside and outside the organization.
· Maintains constructive and harmonious relationships; works cooperatively to achieve goals.
· Addresses situations that may affect the hospital immediately upon discovery.
· Demonstrates independence and resourcefulness.
· Makes recommendations in area of expertise and assumes responsibility when warranted.
· Sets priorities and organizes work systematically to maximize efficiency.
· Makes sound and timely judgments to bring about corrective or improved actions.
· Starts and completes tasks with minimal prompting.
· Accomplishes volume of work within required time frames.
· Expressed self clearly and effectively in written communications.
· Presents ideas in an organized and persuasive manner.
· Maintains effective communication with coworkers.
· Gathers and analyzes information in order to solve problems; develops alternative courses of action and innovative solutions.
· Applies technical job knowledge essential to responsibilities.
· Maintains expertise and is current with developments in the field
Maintains effective patient flow and completes the admitting process in a timely and professional manner.
· Accurately able to admit all patient types, including surgeries, per department policies and procedures.
· Checks reception area for additional patient to keep patient waiting times to a minimum.
· Interacts professionally with all ages of patients
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.