Website College Medical Center
The Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer will perform invasive and non-invasive cardiovascular / cardiopulmonary diagnostic system test as ordered by physicians, according to established standards and practice. Assists physicians in various testing procedures, install, configure and support College Medical Center’s Echocardiogram Sonographers Systems LAN and WAN, ensure the accurate and reliable test results.
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients.
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Graduate of accredited Cardiovascular Technician Program Minimum AS degree in cardiovascular technology or Graduate of an allied health occupations with an AS degree and 12 months full time Clinical Cardiac Ultrasound experience.
- Current CPR BLS for healthcare provider’s card upon hire.
- Must complete and maintain CPI certification.
- Experience in computer networking, experience with digital hospital network systems, and digital data transfer.
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide diagnostic cardiology and cardiopulmonary diagnostic procedures.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in computer and technological solutions as related to DICOM and Digital Echo Lab platforms.
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age served on the unit. Possess knowledge of growth and development over the life span. Must be able to speak, read and write English.
Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking lift, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients pushes / pulls or moves / lift heavy equipment / supplies. Uses hands, wrists and arms to perform testing.
Frequent exposure to noise, cold and heat. Occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens, chemicals, general cleaning chemicals.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Medical Center.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
- Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide cardiology/cardiopulmonary diagnostic procedures to the age of the patients served.
- Performs cardiology diagnostic procedures as ordered by the physician; charts tests and calculates various measurements from procedures where required.
- Maintains records and other pertinent information on patients.
- Provides preliminary reports to attending physician and nursing staff of any severely abnormal diagnostic procedures.
- Transcribes, prepares and maintains written documentation as required by the profession, department and regulating agencies.
- Checks equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis; does minor trouble shooting of equipment when necessary.
- Assists in new employee orientation and proctors as requested.
- Performs cardiopulmonary billing in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Demonstrates age appropriate care for integration across the life span.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to unique needs of varying age groups with who she/he has contact.
- Recognizes and responds to Safety factors for age level involved.
* Customer Service
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected..
Salary Rate: $44.00
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.