Website College Medical Center
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients. This position performs diagnostics ultrasound procedures as requested by licensed physicians.
- High school graduate or GED, preferred.
- A.R.D.M.S. required
- Current CPR BLS for healthcare provider’s card upon hire
- One year ultrasound experience in an acute care hospital
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
Prolonged, frequent standing, Occasional sitting and walking. Frequent twisting and bending. Occasional squatting, kneeling and crouching. Both fine and gross motor dexterity required. Close eye work and minimal color discrimination required
Frequent exposure to noise, cold and heat. Occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens, chemicals, general cleaning chemicals.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities
- Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Medical Center.
- Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
- Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
- Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
- Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
- Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
- Adheres to the Dress Code.
- Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
- Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
- Performs high quality ultrasound procedures proficiently.
- Instructs, educates, and prepares patient for exam.
- Knowledge of patient preps for various ultrasound procedures.
- Proficient in filming and workstation protocols.
- Performs special procedures (biopsies, abscess drainage’s tube placement, etc.) proficiently.
- Assesses patient before, during and after procedure
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
- Other duties as assigned
Salary Rate: $44.00
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for CMC/CSU roles, including but not limited to shift differential and other special pay practices, etc. The posted compensation for the position is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay that CMC/CSU in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting.
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.