Website College Medical Center
This position provides clerical support to licensed and non-licensed staff in the Behavioral Health patient care units. Provides support to the licensed and non-licensed staff with direct patient care.
Current BLS for healthcare provider card and current CPI certificate or within 30 days of entry into position
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age served on the unit. Knowledge of growth and development over the life span.
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to perform clerical functions including use of computer and general office equipment.
Ability to perform multiple clerical functions.
Ability to assist with direct patient as needed while prioritizing clerical duties
Prolonged, extensive, walking/standing. Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients 50 – 75 lbs. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Hand manipulation, both fine and gross dexterity are required for writing and technical skills.
Working in an acute behavioral care environment with frequent patient and staff contact.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide clerical support for a patient care unit.
- Answers the telephone pleasantly before 3 rings and identifies unit, self, and title.
- Directs and interacts with patients, visitors, physicians and peers courteously.
- Routes incoming mail, distributes correspondence and other materials to unit staff daily.
- Maintains a safe and an orderly work environment by conducting daily environmental rounds with Charge RN
- and submitting appropriate work orders for maintenance
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to interact well with all members of the treatment team
- Assists staff with notifying appropriate member of nursing staff to respond to patient request in a timely manner.
- Assists staff with direct patient care by answering call lights and assisting with delivering meal trays and distributing items for adls and any non-clinical interventions as requested
- Accurately transcribes physician orders to appropriate forms and records 100% of the time.
- Accurately enters physicians and nursing order into electronic information system 100% of the time.
Accurately prepares and maintains patient records from admission, discharge and transfer.
- Maintains an adequate filing system so information can be easily and efficiently retrieved.
- Inventories, and orders forms and supplies to assure an adequate supply.
- Stamps patient record forms with patient addressograph and assembles charts on admission and disassembles charts following discharge.
- Performs chart audits as directed.
Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned
- Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
Salary Rate: $19.00
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.