Website College Medical Center
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients. To provide safe and therapeutic patient care as delegated by and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and in adherence to policies and procedures
- Current L.P.T. or L.V.N. licensure, current BLS for healthcare provider card, current CPI certificate or within 30 days
- 1 plus years’ experience in caring for mental health patients in an acute inpatient setting preferred.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age group served on the unit. Knowledge of growth and development over the life span.
* Provides direct patient care to a specified population.
- Assists in the care and management of psychiatric patients in a specified setting.
- Assists patients in activities of daily living.
- Observes, records, and reports stability of changes in the patients’ condition.
- Interacts with patients on a 1:1 basis in a therapeutic manner.
- Utilizes individual usage care plans according to patient care standards.
- Assists in the admission process including data collection and orientation to the unit and program.
- Monitors safety of the therapeutic milieu and assists in the management of an assaultive patient.
- Documents pertinent patient interactions, patient data collected and patient responses to therapeutic interventions.
- Functions within scope of practice and meets all legal and regulatory requirements
Demonstrates age appropriate care for integration across the life span.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to unique needs of varying age groups with whom he/she has contact (adult, elderly).
- Recognizes and responds to safety factors for age level involved (adult, elderly).
Supports hospital philosophy, goals and objectives in a professional manner.
- Utilizes resources (supplies, equipment, etc.) in a safe, cost effective and therapeutic manner.
- Completes tasks in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Remains flexible in work schedule in order to provide the most effective and efficient support for the patient.
- Is dependable and reports to work as scheduled.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and harmonious relationship with health care team to provide good customer service.
- Communicates well with others.
- Attends all required staff meetings or is responsible for the content
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.