Website College Medical Center
The Nursing Manager of the Behavioral Health Unit demonstrates the skills, scientific judgment, and leadership in planning care and maintaining a level excellent customer service experience for all patients admitted to the Behavioral Health Units at College Medical center. The Manager will demonstrate clinical knowledge in all areas within the Behavioral Health programming areas. The Manager will supervise assigned Behavioral Health staff, and directs clinical and medical flow of all patient care. The Manager will serve as a resource person and role model for all personnel. He/she will identify problems or potential problems and communicate them to the BHU Director. The Manager is involved in the selection of personnel, their education, discipline and level of expertise. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing clinical care to Behavioral Health patients and to act as the liaison to all clinical disciplines invited to participate in patient care. The Manager is responsible for all clinical operations, quality reporting, statistical reporting and regulatory requirements. The Manager will promote continuity of hospital operations through the interpretation and enforcement of the Medical Center’s Behavioral Health policies and procedures.
Current licensure as an RN; BLS for Healthcare Providers and CPI within 30 days of employment. 3 years, experience or greater patient care experience to include at least 1 year of Psychiatry experience. 1 year of supervisory experience in a clinical setting required. Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. PHYSICAL DEMANDS Frequent sitting for long periods of time. Occasional walking, standing, bending and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Occasional pulling and pushing up to 20 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Finger dexterity. Frequent exposure to stressful situations. Frequent contact with public. WORKING CONDITIONS
Working in an acute behavioral care environment with frequent patient and staff contact.. MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities
· Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Medical Center.
· Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
· Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
· Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
· Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
· Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
· Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Medical Center’s Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
· Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
· Adheres to the Dress Code.
· Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
· Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
· Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
· Reporting to the Director of Behavioral Health Services, the Nurse Manager of Psych will be responsible for the daily operations of the Behavioral Health Services. The Nurse Manager will recruit, train, evaluate and manage staff.
· Share the responsibility of maintaining and creating budget for the department.
· Assist with staff development, scheduling, updating policies and procedures and performance improvement efforts.
· Represent the department on various hospital committees and collaborate with department heads to meet the overall strategic objectives.
· Provide clinical and administrative leadership and supervision to nursing staff to include: RN’s, LVN’s, Behavioral Health Workers, and CNAs
· Clearly establish and communicate expectations to associates; monitor and evaluate employee performance, providing effective feedback and coaching; schedule and staff unit within the approved budget.
· Systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and nursing services; analyze appropriate internal and external data and information to identify opportunities for improving services and patient outcomes.
· Develop educational programs designed to promote professional development of staff, students and colleagues in an environment of mutual respect and understanding; promote research and integrate evidence based knowledge as well as best practice in the delivery of quality patient care.
· Promote and monitor regulatory agency standards and customer service expectations.
· Collaborate with nursing staff at all levels, interdisciplinary teams, executive team, and others as it pertains to the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services.
· Lead the day-to-day activities of the assigned area(s).
· Provide leadership, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Medical Center’s policies and applicable laws.
· Will appraise performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems.
· Other duties as assigned or required.
Salary Rate: $48.33 – $60.41
To apply for this job please visit www.collegemedicalcenter.com.