Behavioral Health Visiting Hours and Policies
Federal and State laws prohibit College Medical Center from disclosing patient health information without the written consent of the patient. College Medical Center strictly complies with all Federal and State laws governing the privacy, security, use and disclosure of patient health information.
- Visiting hours are as follows:
- 7pm – 8pm Monday – Friday
- 2pm to 4pm and 7pm – 8pm Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays
- Special arrangements maybe made when possible
- Only two visitors for one patient at a time may be on the unit.
- All patients have the right to refuse visitors at any time.
Please sign in at the front desk to receive a Visitors Badge. When allowed to enter the unit, please check-in at the nursing station.
Please note: Personal belongings may not be brought onto the unit.
Bringing Items for Patients
- For the safety of our patients, we ask that you do not bring in the following:
- Food (special arrangements can be made in advance);
- Glass or sharp objects (including vases);
- Items with cords or strings (shoelaces, belts, walkman, hair dryer, balloons, etc.)
- Lighters (matches will be provided by nursing staff upon request).
- If belongings are brought at any time other than visiting hours, belongings must be left at the front desk to be picked up by a unit staff member.
It is highly recommended that patients leave valuables at home.
Patient safety is the highest priority for our staff at College Medical Center. One of the major ways we are able to maintain a safe and therapeutic environment for our patients is by prohibiting the storage of certain items in patient rooms. Those items are considered to be “contraband” on all units and will be securely stored during a patients stay in the hospital. The following is a list of most common contrabands although it is not inclusive.
- Alcohol or any drug related paraphernalia.
- Sharp objects such as razors, scissors, glass bottles, mirrors, picture frames, needles, pins, aluminum cans, spiral notebooks, keys, make-up pencil sharpeners, paper clips, hair clips, underwire bras, and any other item with sharp edges or which can be broken to create sharp edges.
- Shoe laces, belts, panty hose, rope, head bands, ace bandages and clothing with draw strings or long ties.
- Matches, lighters and cigarettes.
- Aerosol cans or fireworks of any kind.
- Personal televisions, stereo, video games, walkmans, cassette or CD players/recorders, “boom boxes”, MP3 players, computers, palm pilots, pagers, cell phones, any item with an electrical cord, cameras, camcorders or any type of audio visual recording device, etc…
- Magazines, books, pictures, or clothing items depicting drug or alcohol use, violence, racism, gangs, sexual situations or activities, Satanism or otherwise potentially offensive material.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Candles or incense.
- Plastic bags.
- Medications of any kind ( (medication will be stored and dispensed by MD order only).
- Money, credit cards, jewelry, cell phones and other valuables will be placed in the hospital safe until discharge. Patients may keep a small amount of money with them on the unit.
- Any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the clinical staff.
All contraband items that cannot be sent home with family or friends will be stored securely on the unit or in the safe until discharge. Any illegal substance will be destroyed by two licensed staff members and weapons will be turned over to the police department.